Why You Dont Want a Cuckoo Clock on Your New Wellcraft 360 Coastal

The other night I was invited ashore for a night with the guys at a local marina bar. I promised my girlfriend that I would be back on the boat by midnight. Well, the hours passed and the margaritas went down way too easily. Around 3am, a bit loaded, I headed back across the harbor for the boat. Just as I got aboard, the cuckoo clock above lower station helm started up and cuckooed three times. Quickly realizing my girlfriend would wake up, I cuckooed another nine times.  I was really proud of myself for coming up with such a quick witted solution (even when totally smashed) in order to escape a possible conflict with her.  The next morning my girlfriend asked me what time I got in and I told her "Midnight". She didn't seem angry at all. Whew!! Got
away with that one!  Then she said, "We need a new cuckoo clock."  When I asked her why, she said "Well, last night our clock cuckooed three times, then said, "Oh shit", cuckooed four more times, cleared its throat, cuckooed another three times, giggled, cuckooed twice more, and then tripped over the galley table and burped."

Comments

Popular Posts